Authorities rushed rescue and relief to thousands of people who spent the night on the roofs of their submerged houses in Manila and surrounding provinces.
Residents clamber on electric wires to stay out of floodwaters while others wade neck-deep in Cainta Rizal, east of Manila.
A boy is lifted onto the roof of a building to escape the flooding in the Quezon City suburban of Manila.
Residents wait to be evacuated from a partially submerged house during flooding in Bocaue, north of Manila.
An aerial view aboard a Philippine Air Force chopper shows devastation brought by Tropical Storm Ketsana-locally known as "Ondoy" in Cainta, province of Rizal.
These are only few of disheartening scenarios happened due to drastic Typhoon "Ondoy". Lots of Filipino people are really in dire need of our help. They are now in great despair, living hopelessly and despondently. Let us let them feel that there is still hope. Let us share just a little thing of what we have. We are fortunate enough that we still have houses to live in, clothes to wear and food to eat, but how about them? Can we just take them for granted, and leave them in agony? We can help them in our own little ways. Do something,share something!
You can drop your donations, in-kind or in cash, at the ff areas:
1. CEBU MUSICIANS AND OUTPOST RESTOBAR will help Ondoy victims! Joseph Castillo, husband of musician Lia Luisa A. Castillo will send a 20ft Container to the stricken areas especially Marikina and Cainta. Details to follow. Drop in some love while you listen to some music. Get in touch with him through 09082368999 or 09322117111.
(Ondoy-Live-Aid at the Outpost, 7pm on Wednesday, September 30. Bring your donations. Let’s fill up Joseph Castillo’s container!)
2. CALTEX BANILAD is officially a drop-off point for the Joseph Castillo container van.
3. CALTEX SERVITEK CABANCALAN, Mandaue City is officially a drop-off point for the Joseph Castillo container van.
4. CALTEX PANAGDAIT is officially a drop-off point for the Joseph Castillo container van.
5. FORMO RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE at Banilad Town Center is also a drop off center for the container van of Jospeh Castillo from Monday until Thursday, 5pm onwards. This is inline with the ONDOY LIVE AID. For more details: Facebook.com/FORMO.lounge
6. TOYS@WORK – Banilad Town Center is also a drop off center for the container van of Jospeh Castillo from Monday until Thursday, 5pm onwards. This is inline with the ONDOY LIVE AID. For more details: Facebook.com/FORMO.lounge
7. VUDUis also a drop off center for the container van of Jospeh Castillo from Monday until Thursday, 5pm onwards. This is inline with the ONDOY LIVE AID.
8. Donations drop off at BANILAD CHURCH OF CHRIST (building in front of Bright Academy near Sto. Nino Village), Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
9. SUNBURST FRIED CHICKEN – Tabunok, Talisay Branch accepting donations from 10am to 9:30pm. Tabang Para sa mga Biktima ni Ondoy…Istorya.net asks you to donate to the victims of Storm Ondoy. Our brothers and sisters in Luzon need our help.
10. AUNT GENIE’S BREADHOUSE. 1279 Talamban, Cebu City (In front of the Talamban Sports Complex). call 416-0495 if you need directions to the drop-off area.
11. BIZROUTE SOLUTIONS (Mon – Sat 11PM to 4PM) Unit 302 Keppel Bldg, Ayala Center Cebu. call 416-0495 if you need directions to the drop-off area.
12. BIZROUTE SOLUTIONS – Lahug Office (Mon – Sat 11PM to 2PM) Unit 201 MIT Bldg. Gorordo Ave., Lahug (near JY Square). call 416-0495 if you need directions to the drop-off area.
13. CUE CAFE – Crossroads Mall accepting donations in cash or kind as part of JCI Zugbuana relief operations.
14. CITIGYM accepting donations in cash or kind as part of JCI Zugbuana relief ops.
15. Y101 Station accepting donations in cash or kind as part of JCI Zugbuana relief operations.
16. CEBU WORLD VISION SPONSORS and VOLUNTEERS can help. Cash donations to BPI: 4251-0024-15 or BDO: 2700-4341-1
17. HOLIDAY GYM & SPA – Banilad Cebu set up a relief operations Drop-Off center beginning today 1:00 PM, Sunday, September 27.
18. ABS-CBN CEBU is now accepting relief goods…
19. VERY MARY (shop of designer Mary Melody Ty) is accepting goods. 2nd Floor, Myra’s Pensoionne, Escario Street. Beside Golden Peak Hotel.
20. VICTORY CEBU is also accepting donations for typhoon victims: 3/F Dacay Bldg. Escario St. (across BPI Escario) near Capitol. #(032)254-7023
21. JULIE’s BAKESHOPS used as drop-off centers for PLAN ONDOY, mobilized by Rotary Clubs in Cebu. (For further verification. If you have more information on this, please message me or leave a comment.)
22. ANDORRA TILES OFFICE used as drop-off centers for PLAN ONDOY, mobilized by Rotary Clubs in Cebu. (For further verification. If you have more information on this, please message me or leave a comment.)
23. WADE SM located at the 2nd floor of the Northwing (beside Mint and Filippo) will serve as a drop off point until Wednesday 5pm. Goods will be forwarded to Outpost afterwards.
24. ORANGE BRUTUS P. Del Rosario (across USC Main) will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
25. ORANGE BRUTUS – Cebu Doctors’ University Hospital will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
26. ORANGE BRUTUS – Centro Mandaue (near Mandaue City Hall) will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
27. ORANGE BRUTUS – Maguikay Mandaue (near Mandaue Flyover) will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
28. ORANGE BRUTUS – Mactan (Marina Mall MEZ1) will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
29. ORANGE BRUTUS Southgate Plaza MEZ2 will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
30. ORANGE BRUTUS – Ayala Center Cebu will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
31. ORANGE BRUTUS – SM City Cebu will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
32. ORANGE BRUTUS – Colon (near University of the Visayas) will accept donations starting Monday from 2pm-8pm. Tuesday to Thursday 10am-8pm.
33. ORANGE BRUTUS – Fuente branch will be accepting donations 24 hours from Monday to Thursday.
34. All SUNSTAR CEBU branches (P. Del Rosario St., Fuente, Osmena, Candelaria Arcade-Ibabao, Mandaue City) now accepting donations (cash or in kind). Please call 2546100 local 201 and look for Jed or Sheena for more info.
35. FRATELLI (Mon – Sat 1PM to 7pm) 173-A Maria Christina Extension, Brgy. Kamputhaw, Cebu City
36. PRG PHOTOSHOPPE – Baseline, Dona Juana Osmeña St., Cebu City
37. ALBERTO’S PIZZA – A.S. Fortuna (Daily 9AM-2AM), A.S. Fortuna, Banilad (Near Fly-over)
38. MS. CAROL BALLESTEROS/ABOITIZ has given the go-signal to inform ALL the the receiving centers/drop off points in Cebu that they may deliver all the relief goods directly to the Superferry Terminal at Pier 4. Carol requests that she be contacted when goods are being brought there so they can advise the person in charge at the terminal and loading can be monitored. Carol’s contact numbers are 032-4111750 (during office hours) and mobile 09176242678.
39. PHILIPPINE AIRLINES (PAL) is volunteering free air freight for donations in kind except liquids and rice. Just place the items in a box and send to PAL Cargo for transport.
40. UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES – CEBU (UP-Cebu) is accepting donations. Head to the Malacañang tambayan, beside the guard house.
41. CEBU CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY is encouraging its member companies to donate! Donations in cash or in kind are accepted in the CCCI Center in North Reclamation Area.
42. ABOITIZ 2GO Cebu main office and branches accepting donations as well.
43. MOOON CAFE GUADALUPE is now accepting donations as part of Ondoy Live Aid. Look for TJ.
44. GREEN BOOTH at the Banilad Town Centre is now accepting donations a for relief donations for Joseph Castillo Container Van.
45. KAONA GRILL at A.S. Fortuna St., Mandaue is now accepting donations as part of Ondoy Live Aid. Look for Ryan.
46. KUMON CENTER and RCTV at Ginza Compound is now accepting donations as part of Ondoy Live Aid. Look for Gerry.
47. SM CITY CEBU Operation Tulong Express. You may now send your donations at the lower ground floor hallway of SM City Cebu (between Casio and Curtains and Trims Haus). For those who are not so familiar with SM, it is directly below McDonald’s.
48. ILEARNERS INC. aids to Ondoy victims. Drop your donations from Oct. 1-3 8am-6pm at ABS-CBN Regional Studios, Jagobiao, Mandaue City and at Starbucks IT Park, Oct. 2-3 at 8pm-11pm.
49. Drop-off and sorting operations at Briones Residence at 1310 Horseshoe Drive, Banawa, Cebu City. Contact 09228880387 for more information. Accepting goods only.
50. MAIL AND MORE BUSINESS CENTER, 2nd Level of Ayala Center Cebu now accepting donations.
51. DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND DEVELOPMENT Office in MJ Cuenco Ave., Cebu City
52. ABOITIZ GROUP OF COMPANIES office beside Cebu Country Club, Gov. M. Cuenco Ave., Cebu City
53. UNIVERSITY OF CEBU Campuses – Main, Banilad, Lapulapu-Mandaue
Kapamilya Relief Campaign for the Metro Manila Flood Victims Drop-Off Points:
54. ABS-CBN Complex, Jagobiao
55. UV Main Campus, Colon
56. Fuente Osmena
57. Mandaue City Hall Plaza
58. Lapulapu City Hall
59. Talisay City Hall & Gaisano Grand Fiesta Mall
60. Barangay Halls in Apas, Pardo, Tisa & Basak Pardo
61. Wow Travel & More in Robinson’s, Gaisano Mactan & in front of Birhen sa Regla Parish
62. Liloan KAI Complex
63. ParkMall, Ouano Ave., Reclamation Area, Mandaue City
64. STI Mandaue
65. Gothong Southern Shipping, Pier 4
66. NGO’s: FORGE (4126328); CPAG (2543572); & Kaabag sa Sugbo (2541878)
67. Julie’s Bakeshop outlets
For Cash Donations:
- Please directly deposit to Sagip Kapamilya BDO Account number 5630020111, Name-ABS CBN Foundation, Inc. For those who insist to donate cash, we do not have an ABS-CBN Foundation Receipt, what we can give is a Petty Cash Voucher but we will crawl your names and amount of donations.
- WORLDVISION FOUNDATION is also accepting donations/volunteers to pack relief goods in Quezon City. For $-donations, BPI:USDacct #4254-0050-08
- PHILIPPINE NATIONAL RED CROSS Bank Deposit
Account Name: The Phil. Nat’l. Red Cross
Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 151-3-041-63122-8
Dollar Acct.: 151-2-151-00218-2
Type of Acct. : SAVINGS
Swift Code: MBTC PH MM
BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS
Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 4991-0010-99
Type of Account: CURRENT
BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS
Dollar Acct.: 8114-0030-94
Type of Account: SAVINGS
Swift Code: BOPI PH MM
For your donations to be properly acknowledged, please fax the bank transaction slip at nos. +63.2.527.0575 or +63.2.404.0979 with your name, address and contact number.
Please fax the following info to +632.404.09.79 and +632.527.0575:
Name of card member, billing address, contact nos. (phone & mobile), credit card no., expiration date, CCV2/ CVC2 (last three digits at the back of the credit card), billing address, amount to be donated.
For online donations you may also visit their website at www.redcross.org.ph .
For Those Who Would Like to Volunteer:
- You can go to the ABS-CBN Regional Broadcast Complex in Jagobiao, Mandaue City during office hours. Please bring your own provision. For group-volunteers, please coordinate with Mr. June Joseph Perez, at 4221950 or at Skype (dyab1512).
- Packing for the container vans, come and join as volunteers sort out the relief goods for Luzon on Thursday and Friday. Please look for SILOH INTERNATIONAL, H. Abellana St., Canduman, Mandaue City. The containers will be there!! Message Meg Eteve if interested on Facebook or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways you can help:
- GOOGLE Help for Typhoon Ondoy Victims
- RED CROSS “DONATE-YOUR-LOAD”: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: RED AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
- GLOBE G-CASH Text DONATEAMOUNT4-digit M-PINREDCROSS to 2882
- TXTPOWER now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypal http://is.gd/3GvuN
For those abroad:
- SYDNEY, Australia Ondoy Sydney Disaster Relief Drop-off center @ 303/5 Stromboli Strait, Homebush Bay 2127. =) Spread the word!
- NEW YORK, USA: Disaster Relief drop off center @ Pandayan Center, 406 W40th St. Between 9th and 10th Aves. New York, NY 10018 or call 212.564.6057.
- CALIFORNIA, USA: Donate at branches of Island Pacific Supermarket, and they’ll ship them to the Philippines.
- HONG KONG (cash deposits) HSBC Account No. 808-416564-001 – Ateneo Alumni Association – Hong Kong Chapter text 62957677 the amount and time of deposit.
- For USA and CANADA, donate through the American Red Cross. Call 1-800-435-7669.
- ONLINE DONATIONS
For those of you who have loved ones in Manila:
People Tracker (using your phones, get your friends and family to turn on their finderservice for you)
* FINDERSERVICE. For Smart, text “wis ” to 386.
* FINDERSERVICE. For Globe, text “find to 7000.
For those who have donated already, I salute you!May God bless you.