Searching...
Monday, December 1, 2008

The Unusual Appearance of Planet Jupiter and Venus at the night sky



Photos of the Planetary Conjunctions taken by Uncle Steven on Dec. 1,2008 at about 9:00 in the evening (Australian Time). This was an actual photo of the planetary conjunction in Perth, Australia.

Something appeared in the night sky that attracted the attention of even those who normally don't even care watching.

I started to stare at the moon rising at around 6 o'clock in the evening with two large silvery stars-the Planet Jupiter and Venus. It looked like a smiley; the two planets were on top of the moon which served as the eyes and the moon below it, smiling. Some astronomers said it was a Planetary conjunction. A close conjunction between three bright solar system objects: the Moon, Planets Venus and Jupiter forming an object.
It took me about 10-15 minutes looking at the spectacular scene in the sky. It was very unusual scene at the night sky. I couldn't stop myself from smiling as the moon brought a great impression to viewers. It reminded us that despite some undesirable occurrences we should still be happy because indeed, it is still a great world to live.


My elder sister Michelle who is currently in Australia called me
just to made sure that I have seen it too. She was watching together with Uncle Steven, Tita Linda and my cousin Edward. They were amazed by the things appeared in the sky. Most of my friends and relatives who have seen it were able to smile back at the happy-looking moon. The Planet Jupiter and Venus started to disappear at around 8:20 in the evening (Philippine Time).

0 comments:

 
Back to top!